I am a developer, mainly a WordPress developer, and I love to listen to various podcasts while working. I like more business-oriented podcasts that talk about challenges, how something was built and scaled. As someone who is trying to build a plugin business, I love episodes about successes of various plugins.
I have also tried to somehow categorize podcasts so if you’re looking into specific stuff, you might find it useful. Categorizing podcasts is not easy since all can talk about anything, so if you find something that was not categorized correctly, let me know 🙂
- WP Square One – They’re focused on interviewing people that work in agencies or are in a plugin business,
- Hallway Chats – Focused on anyone in the WordPress community, be it a more “famous” one or just a new member in the community,
- WP Round Table – Kyle interviews a lot of people from various companies so you can learn more about them and how they work.
This is probably the longest list in this article. Again, any of the listed podcasts could be categorized as a business podcast since people are always talking about something related to running a business 🙂
- The Get Options Podcast – I’ve recently found out about this podcast. They talk about business in general and WordPress. Also, Kyle has some funny songs,
- Has Opinions – Daniel and Chris talk about what are their challenges, what they’ve learned and anything that you might find useful if you’re running a business and want to have a normal life :),
- How I Built It – this might be more of an interview podcast but it’s always focused on running a business or how an idea became a business. Joe does a great job and brings a lot of interesting people,
- Mastermind – podcast on running a WordPress business,
- WordPress for SMEs and High-Scale Platforms – Mario Peshev helps you scale WordPress solutions,
- Selling Plugins – this is a live format podcast/webinar by Brian Hogg and Kyle Maurer. If you’re looking into running a plugin business, this is a must,
- Matt Report – general and specific advises for WordPress business owners and freelancers,
- WPMRR – this podcast sometimes interviews someone who is running a business and sometimes Joe and Christie talk about their views on a business topic (a good one was Monthly or Yearly revenue),
- BobWP WordPress eCommerce – listened to only a few episodes (for now), but they were great,
- The Admin Bar – I found this one recently and I liked the few episodes I listened to,
- Build your SaaS – a really interesting one where they share their journey building a SaaS podcast platform.
- Pressing Matters – a podcast from developers talking about their businesses and interviewing other people in WordPress
WordPress in General
These podcasts are talking about WordPress ecosystem, what has happened in it and what could happen.
- WordPress Weekly – (deprecated) John and Jeff talk about anything that happened in the past week in the WordPress community,
- Post Status Draft – a podcast from Post Status where they talk also about anything in WordPress but more focused on interviews.
- WP Mainline – Jeff with John or Malcom talks (+ guests) about news around WordPress and share their own opinions.
These podcasts are more focused on development topics.
arereally good for any developer,
- Practical WordPress Development – Tom McFarlin has started a podcast and it has an interesting structure of the episode,
- ApplyFilters – (deprecated) This podcast is not running anymore but you can still listen to the episodes.
Here are some of the podcasts I have yet to listen to. I have put them on the list so you can also hear out about.
- kitchensinkWP – Anything related to WordPress and business,
- WP the Podcast – short (15min) episodes with WordPress business tips,
- Hello WP – a new podcast on WordPress,
- Startups for the rest of us – Kyle Maurer shared this one with me. Seems really interesting and helpful,
- Do the Woo – WooCommerce Podcast – another podcast from Bob, focused on WooCommerce (obviously), together with Brad share how to run a business on WooCommerce.
I found out by listening to such podcasts, sometimes a new idea sparks in my mind or it boosts my ambition even more so I focus more on my plugin business.
Do you have a podcast (or podcasts) you listen to which I should include in the list above? Share them in the comments below so I can add them here.Become a Sponsor